As of the deadline date of the application year, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Enrolled in a research-oriented master's or Ph.D. degree program (including joint degree programs);
- Students enrolled in joint Bachelor/Master's programs must have graduated from the undergraduate degree (if the student's institution considers them in graduate status, that student is eligible);
- Enrolled at a U.S. institution in the United States; and
- Pursuing studies in fields of science and engineering research and education supported by the National Science Foundation (see Section X in solicitation for details).
Applications submitted by persons who do not meet ALL the above criteria will be returned without review.
Previous EAPSI awardees may apply, but only to a new host location (Australia, China, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, or Taiwan). Priority will be given to new applicants.
Students selected for the program who are matriculated at the time of application and subsequently graduate may still receive an award and participate in the EAPSI program.
Last Updated: September 29, 2010 11:15 AM